Electrical & Mechanical Engineer
We are looking to recruit an experienced Electrical & Mechanical engineer to join our team here at Boardley & Roberts, based in Great Blakenham Ipswich.
Established in 1921, B&R have built an enviable reputation for consistently producing top quality rewinds, overhauls and engineering services throughout the East Anglian region. This has been achieved in part by our ability to adapt to the ever changing needs of our customer base. We are still to this day family owned and have marked our 100 year anniversary.
Reporting directly to our workshop co-ordinator you will be responsible for all quotes, servicing, overhauls, rewinds & site work. Working predominantly in a thriving workshop as well as on site representing the Company.
Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Stripping pumps, electric motors, gearboxes, fan units & other electrical equipment for evaluation/ quotation
- Following through with the repairs to completion and satisfactory testing
- Attending various sites for removal of equipment, repairing & refitting
- Being part of an ‘On Call’ rota to respond to emergency works
To be successful in this role you must:
Have experience as an Electrical & Mechanical engineer
Have an excellent attitude towards work & others
Be methodic in your approach
Be competent to work on your own and the flexibility to be part of our team
Have a UK driving licence
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm + overtime
Salary: approx. 27k + basic depending on experience
Holiday: 21 days per year
Apply to: Carl Boardley
Please email us your application & covering letter to email@example.com
Storeman / Relief driver
We are looking to recruit a storeman to join the team here at Boardley & Roberts, based in Great Blakenham Ipswich. You will be asked to manage a busy yard & stores three days per week. The stores hold many electric motors, gearboxes & parts, previous experience is required but not essential. We are looking for someone well organised and takes pride in their work, it will be your duty to keep the stores/yard clean & organised.
- Unloading parcels & pallets, Receiving delivery’s
- Manage stock control and keep the stores organised and tidy
- Annual stock take for electric motors, gearboxes & parts
- Liaising with the office for various jobs/tasks
- Covering the driver when he is on leave for delivery/collections of motors/pumps/gearboxes in the East Anglian area.
- Urgent deliveries & collections
The ideal candidate must have a full UK driving licence and preferably be able to drive a forklift.
Working Hours: 3 days per week, 8.00am to 5pm with 1 hour lunch.
Holiday: 12 days per year
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held in our office. Candidates must wear a mask.